Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Tree

Gazing out of the window,
I peer into the darkness
and I wonder
what will it be like
if I were to be free?
as the birds in the sky?
as the wind?
that flies in myriads everywhere they go
that blows in every direction?

I wonder if I would remain
as stagnant as the tree
only to be watered by knowledge
and grow my roots
at the same spot
everyday?

Is Life as rigid as this?
is it this stagnant,
this mundane?
Can it be trampled on?
Just as we trample the grass?
Do we get to greet the sun
just as the sunflower does
every morning
without weary
without inferiority?

But all I see
is the vast darkness
ahead
but in this deep darkness
is a small twinkling star

1 comment:

miss sunny side-up said...

by the way debbie, if you ever see a twinkling star, that's mine XD! HAH.

 
.